Hi Nick, The output of elp-results is attached. I have opened a big org file I have, and navigated through the items a bit. Thanks, Marcelo. On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote: > >> Yeah, thanks. It is really a shame that emacs will run orgmode this >> slow on OSX. OSX is now my platform of choice, and emacs my editor of >> choice. I keep a big reference org file with tons of tons of notes, >> but, even with the settings you suggested (thanks for that!) it is >> still very slow. I'm considering switching my notes to evernote, >> although I would really like to just stay with emacs+orgmode, but it's >> just too slow as of now :( >> > > Please take a profile: Just do > >       M-x elp-instrument-package org > > then run the slow command, then M-x elp-results and post the output to > the list. It might not be enough to solve your problem but it would at > least provide *some* information. > > Thanks, > Nick >