On 19.9.2013, at 00:21, Rasmus wrote: > Carsten Dominik writes: > >>> [...] >>> The output tex file looks something like this: >>> >>> \ifPDFTeX\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}\else\fi >>> \ifPDFTeX\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}\else\fi >> >> this looks excellent. I think we will implement this as the default >> behavior, but only after 8.2. >> Does this capture all the possible cases, or are there more cases to consider? > > I'm not sure what you mean by all cases. It depends on the the iftex > package, so everything will break down if it ain't loaded or if it > ain't loaded before it's used. > > So what would the goal be? To make it compatible with XeLaTeX and > LuaLaTeX out of the box? Yes, this is what I mean. I would be happy to have some clever line in there that would do the right thing for variants of LaTeX. THis is also what I mean by "all cases". - Carsten > > –Rasmus > > -- > In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not