From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: "J. David Boyd" <david@adboyd.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug in Agenda mode?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:33:12 +0200	[thread overview]

On Apr 29, 2010, at 4:51 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:

> If I do a C-a a, I see my weekly agenda, starting 'today'.
>
> Then I can hit 'd', and see today laid out better.   Back to 'w',
> and I
> see the weekly agenda again.
>
> I can scroll down to tomorrow, hit 'd', and see tomorrow.  But when I
> hit 'w', I'm back to the week view, but now it starts on tomorrow, and
> not today.
>
> And if I scroll down two days, and hit 'd', then 'w' to come back to
> the
> week view, I'm misplaced forward 2 days.
>
> Is this a bug, or 'just the way it works'.  I'd never noticed before,
> but I don't think I had actually tried that.

looks like you have set org-agenda-start-on-weekday to nil.  The is
works like you describe.  If you set it to a number, the week will
always start on that day.

The problem is that, if you are still in the current week, it might
make sense to have the week start at today when you switch back to
week view.  But when you are further away from today, the week view
must be constructed in a way that the day which was last shown in day
view is also shown.  Since you have opted to have your week view start
at whatever weekday is today, Org assumes now that you want a week
starting on the last shown day.

Hmmmm.

I am not sure what would be best here.

- Carsten

> I'm using the (release_6.34c.149.gf0f5.dirty) version of org.

- Carsten