On February 15, 2017 4:06:03 AM GMT+05:30, Nick Dokos wrote: >Uwe Brauer writes: > >> Hi >> >> I have an org file which is full of time-stamps from last year stuff >> like <2016-11-14 Sat>. I thought I could easily modify/edit the time >> stamp but I cannot, every time I move the cursor into such a stamp, I >> cannot edit as I wish. It looks as if that entry is somehow blocked. >> >You mean you cannot change it at all? > >> Of course I could switch the mode say to text mode and then edit the >> entry, but what could I do within orgmode? >> >You should be able to change it with ordinary editing commands (it's >just >text, albeit with text properties). Or you could do S- >on >individual fields to change them (that runs org-timestamp-up/down which >knows e.g. to increment the year when the month is incremented from 12 >to >1 and also knows to change the name of the day of the week). > >-- >Nick If custom time format is specified, the time field is not editable in the usual ways like S-up, S-down, or text editing. See if symptoms are like http://orgmode.org/org.html#Custom-time-format.