Hey Sébastien, Thanks for this insight. Do you think that maybe changing the setting you had mentioned before, 'org-src-tab-acts-natively' to false (aka nil or '0' (zero) value) via a change in my configuration would make this error not happen within Org-Mode in that case? On a related note, I use Emacs Org Mode every day for my support job, and am super thankful it exists. I have never been more productive in the last 2 years switching to Emacs than I ever have been in my entire life, so just wanted to say thanks to the best piece of software on earth. Thanks again, Sam On Sun, May 23, 2021, at 9:18 PM, Sébastien Miquel wrote: > Hi Samuel, > > > I'm guessing its some kind of Org Mode vs Yasnippet issue where > > Org-mode is expanding it too fast, when it should wait for user input > > hence the "$1" section. > > I guess yasnippet tries to indent the inside of the block (see > =yas-indent-line=) before the lang part of the src block is specified. > > In Emacs 27.2, the default value of =org-src-tab-acts-natively= was > changed to `t`. With this setting, trying to indent a src block with > no language results in this error. > > -- > Sébastien Miquel > >