From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Todo Templates
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:23:08 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mar 21, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Russell Adams wrote:

> I completely overlooked the fact that in column mode editing an item
> with no properties creates those properties.
>
> Thats 90% of the way there.
>
> Is there a way to specify a default?

Hmmm.  In principle there is, because you can make a property
use inheritance and define a default for the inheritance, just like
Bernt has shown
in his example for the EFFORT_ALL property.

However, since the EFFORT property is a summary property, I think
inheritance would be a problem.

So the answer is no there is no good way to define a default value.  I
will put some thought into this, to see if this could be done in a
useful way.

Maybe you can use a template to insert new entries with the property
already defined?

- Carsten