* Org Yaap: Termux notifications for Org
@ 2022-05-19  3:48 Tyler Grinn
From: Tyler Grinn @ 2022-05-19  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I've had this project functionally completed for a while and it works
quite well for me. It's "yet another alert package for org", which
supports Termux. I saw a discussion here a couple days ago about using
Termux and I thought some people in this group might be interested.

If you want to know more about why I chose to write yet another alert
package from scratch rather than contribute to an existing one, I've
written about that here:

https://blog.tygr.info/emacs/org-yaap

And here is the project page:

https://gitlab.com/tygrdev/org-yaap

State of development:

Functional (so long as notifications.el is functional); unit tested; no
integration tests; limited documentation.

Jumping to the correct location on notification-click can
be buggy on Termux.

My basic flow is this: Syncthing copies any edits I make to my
org-agenda-files over to Termux. Termux:Boot launches an Emacs daemon on
my phone and starts org-yaap. Every minute or so org-yaap reviews the
agenda and sends appropriate notifications. From there, I can mark the
task as done and it will be synced back to my computer. If not, I will
be re-notified 30 minutes later.

Best,

Tyler

* Re: Org Yaap: Termux notifications for Org
@ 2022-05-19 11:01 ` Christian Stuermer
From: Christian Stuermer @ 2022-05-19 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tyler Grinn, emacs-orgmode

Hello Tyler,

thank you for sharing, I will try it out!

I'm currently trying to shift more and more from specialized apps on
every OS to Emacs, but it's a slow process. So I'm happy for every help
I can get. My next projects will be switching to Gnus as mailclient,
elfeed + Emms (+ perhaps Tasker as GUI on Android) for podcasts,...

If anyone knows a good place to discuss Emacs in Termux online, please
let me know. This combination of interests seems to be so rare, my
questions about it feel like noise in both the Emacs and Termux subreddits.

Best,
Christian