Aloha Nicolas, On Nov 18, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > >>>>>> Thomas S Dye writes: > >> I'm finding that I frequently work with Org-mode files that need >> different configurations. I typically have a #+begin_src emacs-lisp >> block in these files that I can execute with C-c C-c, so that emacs >> behaves the way the file requires for the task at hand. When I'm >> done, though, and jump onto the next task, which might depend on my >> standard configuration to work correctly, I sometimes find that the >> changes I've made break things. At this point, I typically save, >> quit emacs and start over. > >> What I'd like to do is be able to have, in each file that contains >> an emacs-lisp source block that changes the configuration, a >> corresponding source code block that puts things back the way they >> were before the block was executed. > >> Perhaps there is an easy way to do this? > > What about making configuration variables buffer-local in the block > you execute? Once the buffer is killed, you should be back to your > previous configuration. > > For example: > > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp > (make-local-variable 'sentence-end-double-space) > (setq sentence-end-double-space t) > #+END_SRC This looks like an excellent idea. Thanks! Tom