Phil Jackson writes: [...] >> How about writing a little extension org-irc.el that extends the link >> mechanism for both cases? I'd love to see more such extensions, and I >> would be happy to distribute them with Org-mode, and to put them into >> Emacs if the papers are in order. > > Sure, I'll get a patch to you when I can. Please find attached a 'beta' of the plugin. If anyone could give it a quick test that would be great. It needs a little bit of re-factoring I think so I'll do that post critique.