* Turn on help
@ 2008-08-11 18:55 srandby
From: srandby @ 2008-08-11 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

I am using the org-info.js script when I export an ORG file to html.
Everything works great except I can't figure out how to turn on the help
function so that the HELP link is active. I've looked through the
org-info.js documentation (in which the HELP link is active) and found
only that the help function is turned off by default. So how do I turn
it on?

Scott Randby

* Re: Turn on help
@ 2008-08-11 23:14 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-08-11 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Scott,

srandby@gmail.com writes:
> I am using the org-info.js script when I export an ORG file to html. Everything
> works great except I can't figure out how to turn on the help function so that
> the HELP link is active. I've looked through the org-info.js documentation (in
> which the HELP link is active) and found only that the help function is turned
> off by default. So how do I turn it on?

I'm sorry for the bad and outdated documentation for the script. The
HELP link should just work. It should show the same screen as when
pressing '?' i.e., the keyboard shortcuts.

Questions:

  - When did you update the script the last time?
  - Which Browser are you using?
  - What's in the third line of the script ( ... org-info.js, v.0.0...)?
  - Does '?' show the shortcut list?

Again, excuse me for the bad docs,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, Hannover, Germany
Phone: +49 173 83 93 417

* Re: Turn on help
@ 2008-08-12  4:31   ` srandby
       [not found]     ` <87od3yfnmr.fsf@kassiopeya.MSHEIMNETZ>
From: srandby @ 2008-08-12  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sebastian,

I'm embarrassed to say that the help function works after all. I thought
it didn't work because the HELP link isn't blue, it is black and the
mouse doesn't indicate a link when the pointer is put on the HELP. I
didn't think to try to click on it (DUH). So my only question is how do
I make the HELP link blue?

I've tried this on Firefox 3 and Safari. Both give the black HELP link.
I'm using v.0.0.6.9 of the script which I downloaded last week I
believe. Typing '?' does show the shortcut list but the 'click here'
gives a black 'here' instead of blue. You may visit my web site to see
what I mean:

http://www3.uakron.edu/randby

By the way, I don't think the documentation is bad or outdated. I'm very
pleased with your script and the documentation. With your script and
org-mode I'm able to maintain a nice website with one text file. My old
site was a pain to maintain with all of its html files. After a few
hours of transferring everything (well, I'm not quite finished) to one
ORG file, I have a website that is far more sophisticated than the old
site. Thank you very much for such a fantastic script.

Scott Randby

Sebastian Rose wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>
> srandby@gmail.com writes:
>> I am using the org-info.js script when I export an ORG file to html. Everything
>> works great except I can't figure out how to turn on the help function so that
>> the HELP link is active. I've looked through the org-info.js documentation (in
>> which the HELP link is active) and found only that the help function is turned
>> off by default. So how do I turn it on?
>
> I'm sorry for the bad and outdated documentation for the script. The
> HELP link should just work. It should show the same screen as when
> pressing '?' i.e., the keyboard shortcuts.
>
> Questions:
>
>   - When did you update the script the last time?
>   - Which Browser are you using?
>   - What's in the third line of the script ( ... org-info.js, v.0.0...)?
>   - Does '?' show the shortcut list?
>

> Again, excuse me for the bad docs,
>

> Sebastian

* Re: Turn on help
@ 2008-08-12 12:42     ` J. David Boyd
       [not found]     ` <87od3yfnmr.fsf@kassiopeya.MSHEIMNETZ>
From: J. David Boyd @ 2008-08-12 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The "click here" to return on the help page should like a link, as
well, shouldn't it?

* Re: Turn on help
       [not found]     ` <87od3yfnmr.fsf@kassiopeya.MSHEIMNETZ>
@ 2008-08-12 13:55       ` srandby
From: srandby @ 2008-08-12 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the fix. I changed the links in the org-info.js script itself
and the HELP and 'click here' links work fine now. Ahh, the benefits of
free software. You can modify the software however you wish!

Scott

* Re: Turn on help
@ 2008-08-12 17:42         ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-08-12 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

srandby@gmail.com writes:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for the fix. I changed the links in the org-info.js script itself and the
> HELP and 'click here' links work fine now. Ahh, the benefits of free
> software. You can modify the software however you wish!
>
> Scott

I promise I'll fix it in the next version too :-D

Hope I'll find time to work on it by the end of next week - there was
the request for a dynamically created index based on tags too...

Have a good time,

 - Sebastian