Nick Dokos (2010-10-13 18:37:11 +0200) wrote: > AFAIK, orgtbl-mode is a minor mode so that you can use org's table > generation facilities in other modes (e.g. text, or including a table > in a comment in a C/python/perl/foo source file, or in mail...) > In particular, it does not generate HTML. That is done by org's export > facilities. So either your description is inaccurate or my understanding > is flawed. Given the absence of responses, I suspect other people share > my bafflement. > > It would help if you described the process you used exactly: Of course, Nick. First, I write an HTML file like the attached one, which already has an OrgTbl table and the markers describing where it is going to be output. Then I enable orgtbl-mode, I place the cursor over the table and press C-c C-c. The table is output in HTML between the markers. The problem is that "foo&bar" in the original table gets exported as "foo&bar", when it should be exported as "foo&bar" to avoid spoling the HTML code. I hope it's clear enough this time. :)