* IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
@ 2011-02-28 10:48 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-28 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I've replaced the tag [Orgmode] with [O] for this mailing list.

If you are filtering the list by matching [Orgmode] in the subject
line, please update your MUA filters.

 Bastien

* Re: IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
@ 2011-02-28 14:14 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-02-28 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,
should this announcement not using the old tag? Just to avoid that the mail
get lost due to still old filter rules?
Just an idea from good old amateur radio days. You have to announce the
change of frequency on the old frequency ;)
Torsten

@ 2011-02-28 14:43   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2011-02-28 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Wagner; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

TW> Just an idea from good old amateur radio days. You have to announce the
TW> change of frequency on the old frequency ;)

Or at least use both for the announcement.

(like accepting two PL tones temporarily during the transposition to a
new one -- de WS6Z)

--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/

* IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
@ 2011-02-28 15:20 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2011-02-28 15:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-28 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Artificially adding the [Orgmode] label to make sure nobody misses this
announcement.

@ 2011-03-03  3:16   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-03-03  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Artificially adding the [Orgmode] label to make sure nobody misses this
> announcement.

FWIW, this new label seems to have confused Gmane:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode

Best,
Matt

* Re: IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
@ 2011-03-03  3:29     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-03-03  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> Artificially adding the [Orgmode] label to make sure nobody misses this
>> announcement.
>>
> FWIW, this new label seems to have confused Gmane:
>
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode

I should clarify. The old [Orgmode] label was automatically removed from
the subject line of archived mail on Gmane. The new [O] label is not.
This adds a fair bit of clutter and noise to the archived conversations.
Does anyone know whether something needs to be changed on Gmane's end?

FWIW, I find the [O] label a little bit too short and cryptic for
effective visual scanning. It is very similar, for instance to [OT], a
commonly used subject label. I first thought it might stand for "Open",
until I found all the other posts bearing the label. I imagine it could
also be confused with [0].

Thanks,
Matt

* Re: IMPORTANT: please update your email filters
@ 2011-03-03  8:41       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-03  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt,

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> FWIW, I find the [O] label a little bit too short and cryptic for
> effective visual scanning. It is very similar, for instance to [OT], a
> commonly used subject label. I first thought it might stand for "Open",
> until I found all the other posts bearing the label. I imagine it could
> also be confused with [0].

I somehow hope the problem with Gmane comes from the fact that it
doesn't allow single-character labels -- that way I would have a good
reason to switch from [O] to [Org] (which I finally find better as well)
without looking to stupid.

Let's wait Lars' answer and see what we do.

 Bastien