* iCalendar export
@ 2011-07-20 12:19 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2011-07-20 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I like the feature that TODO-items and calendar-items can be exportet to an
iCalendar file. But one thing bugs me, I'm having trouble finding suitable
software that supports the iCalendar-standard with vtodo items...

So my question to this newsgroup is; If you use the iCalendar export
function, what software do you use to view this information? And have anyone
got this information to their mobile devices? Android? Having this
information on the go would be killer...

Regards
Gustav

* Re: iCalendar export
@ 2011-07-20 18:05 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-07-20 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Gustav Wikström <gustav.erik@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Gustav,

> So my question to this newsgroup is; If you use the iCalendar export
> function, what software do you use to view this information?

Yeah, I convert to ical files on save, and there's some cron job that
copies these files to some webpage.  From there, I import into Google
Calendar.  But that doesn't show todos of imported ical files and has
major encoding issues with german umlauts and so on.

> And have anyone got this information to their mobile devices? Android?

Well, I have it there using the Google Calendar app.  It's ok to see my
appointments in some graphical read-only view, but nothing more...

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: iCalendar export
@ 2011-07-21  9:35   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-21  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> And have anyone got this information to their mobile devices? Android?
>
> Well, I have it there using the Google Calendar app.  It's ok to see my
> appointments in some graphical read-only view, but nothing more...

I use some .ics files the same way Tassilo does.

It's convenient to share with others.

--
 Bastien

* Re: iCalendar export
@ 2011-07-25 23:14     ` Arun Persaud
From: Arun Persaud @ 2011-07-25 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

>>> And have anyone got this information to their mobile devices? Android?

I do a simple two-way sync (well, kind of two-way) using the method
described here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

ARUN