* "file" link from org-mode file
@ 2012-12-06  9:40 ronaldo.mercado
From: ronaldo.mercado @ 2012-12-06  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-06-10 on MARVIN
Org-mode version 7.8.11
on windows XP

I create a link to a directory
file:c:/home

When I "mouse click" or press C-c C-o (org-open-at-point)
I would like the link to be opened in dired, but windows explorer appears.

How can I modify this behaviour?

Thanks!

* Re: "file" link from org-mode file
@ 2012-12-06 11:46 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-12-06 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ronaldo.mercado; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

<ronaldo.mercado@diamond.ac.uk> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-06-10 on MARVIN
>
> Org-mode version 7.8.11
>
> on windows XP
>
> I create a link to a directory
>
> file:c:/home

Try

file+emacs:c:/home

Regards,
Bernt

@ 2012-12-06 13:10   ` ronaldo.mercado
From: ronaldo.mercado @ 2012-12-06 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bernt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Great. Thanks Bernt.
It works wonderfully. Are there other magic combinations?

@ 2012-12-06 13:42 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-12-06 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ronaldo.mercado; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

<ronaldo.mercado@diamond.ac.uk> writes:

> When I “mouse click” or press C-c C-o (org-open-at-point)
>
> I would like the link to be opened in dired, but windows explorer
> appears.

dired    => C-u C-c C-o
explorer => C-u C-u C-c C-o

* Re: "file" link from org-mode file
@ 2012-12-06 18:02     ` Haider Rizvi
From: Haider Rizvi @ 2012-12-06 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

<ronaldo.mercado@diamond.ac.uk> writes:

> It works wonderfully. Are there other magic combinations?

Of course :-) See http://orgmode.org/org.html#External-links for a
comprehensive list.

Also keep in mind the keyboard and mouse shortcuts for opening links,
described immediately below the list.

Haider