Hi, Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> With the following patch one can set the opening via a headline. >> Currently, it's pretty conservative and will only set opening if it >> isn't set already. I'm open to discussion on that point. > > Here are some comments about its internals. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. It should be fixed in the new version. I'll post another patch that adhere to this everywhere in the file. >> (defcustom org-koma-letter-opening nil >> - "Letter's opening, as a string." >> + "Letter's opening, as a string. If (1) this value is nil; (2) > > Please start a new line after the first sentence. > >> +(defcustom org-koma-letter-headline-is-opening-maybe t >> + "Whether a headline may be used as an opening. A headline is > > Ditto. > >> + (unless (or (plist-get info :opening) >> + (not org-koma-letter-headline-is-opening-maybe)) >> + (plist-put info :opening (org-element-property :raw-value headline))) > > I suggest to use > > (org-export-data (org-element-property :title headline) info) > > instead, so you can correctly export Org syntax included in the > headline, if any. Good point. See attached.