Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Gustav Wikström writes: >> >> So my question is; have there been more discussions of constructing >> such a formal grammar? Maybe in EBNF form. I suspect getting every >> aspect of Org mode into such a description would be difficult. But >> imagine the possibilities. Tools such as ANTLR and similar would >> straight away have a way of parsing Org mode. >> Org mode source files could be parsed in many other languages, >> simplifying the process of expanding Org mode to other platforms ( >> Android & iOS, web ). >> [...] > > See > > (info "(org) Org syntax") I just read the document on worg¹. It is really good! I imagine we are not far from a formal grammar. I suppose we could write one in EBNF form. Nicolas, I can see on the worg version that it is in draft status. Could you say what is left to do to consider it mature? ¹ http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html -- Konubinix GPG Key : 7439106A Fingerprint: 5993 BE7A DA65 E2D9 06CE 5C36 75D2 3CED 7439 106A