[புதன் ஜூன் 12, 2024] Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Visuwesh writes: > >>> I do not think that it is right. >>> AFAIU, the idea is that `org-plot/preset-plot-types' provides some >>> default options, but the user can overwrite these defaults in the #+PLOT >>> line. What you propose will disregard the values of >>> >>> :set :line :map :title :file :ind :timeind :timefmt :textind >>> :deps :labels :xlabels :ylabels :xmin :xmax :ymin :ymax :ticks >>> >>> if they are customized by user in `org-plot/preset-plot-types'. >> >> I don't follow your conclusion since this change will only affect the >> value of :check-ind-type leaving the rest of the settings unaffected. > > My point is that we will eventually need to merge TYPE and PARAMS to > fix another bug - `org-plot/preset-plot-types' options like :set, :line, > etc being ignored. So, instead of patching the way you proposed, we can > merge TYPE and PARAMS into PARAMS, making the existing (plist-get params > :check-ind-type) working. > > In other words, org-plot's handling of parameters is very broken > now. There is more than one bug lurking there, and it may be more > productive to fix things together. > > You solution will, of course, work, but only for this specific bug you > described; not for other. OK, thanks for the explanation. I was unaware of the issue as I didn't read the code closely enough. What about the attached patch?