Thank you for your replies. I wrote more after the quotes below. Ihor Radchenko writes: > I wrote https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref to do exactly > this. Is it meant to be used with org-ref ? I didn't plan to build a bibliography with bibtex (at least for now). I just plan to built a simple book reading tracker with Org-mode. But I keep a note about your suggestion, it could be very helpful in the future. Thank you very much. Ihor Radchenko writes: > Yes, but passing non-standard data is an undocumented feature. (It is > stored in :query property that you may need to extract via > %(plist-get (org-capture-get :query) :my-keyword) placeholder or > something similar. Thank you for the info. I will take a note about it.