I encountered another problem: Using `C-c C-k' in the remember buffer is OK. But if the user interupts `org-remember' by `C-g' (e.g. when reading some text interactively), emacsclient will be waiting for ever. Unfortunately, there seems no easy way to fix this in a way, that we could mix org-protocol arguments and filenames for emacsclient. A solution for this problem is, to introduce a new property: (defconst org-protocol-protocol-alist-default '(("org-remember" :protocol "remember" :function org-protocol-remember :kill-client t) ... and unconditionally kill the client, once a sub-protocol with a non-nil `:kill-client' property is detected. The appended patch does all the changes we need: - call org-remember the right way - kill emacsclient for org-protocol-remember and all those handlers, which have the `:kill-client' property set to a non-nil value. Regards, Sebastian