Johan Friis writes: > I have this in my org-capture-templates, and it works just fine. The > note.org file is of course an org-mode file, with normal syntax. > > ("j" "Journal" entry (file "~/note/journal.org") (file "~/note/template/journal.org")) > > I am not sure if I misunderstood what you want to do, just wanted to > state that the above works great for me (it expands what it is supposed to) Ahhhh! This does what I expect, but it is not documented. Thanks Johan! That's why I wrote my previous mail? I simply could not figure out, how to achieve that and I did not know about (file "filename"). Where is this in the docs? But, OK, forget it. I now know that I have to use the (file "...") syntax. So this is one of the neccessary patches: