Hi Matt, > I agree that requesting an image to be >2x the buffer text width is a > strange request, and it’s not one I’ve ever tried to give. But, I think > the salient point is that it’s a very clear request, and I think org > should carry it out. I’m all in favor of org helping people not shoot > themselves in the foot, but I don’t think it should prevent people from > doing so, especially when they’re clear about their intentions. I also > think this qualifies as a case where someone /might/ have a valid reason > for doing this. It occurred to me that large values would only really appear when occurring in a narrower scope, e.g. in a multi-column document an image which is multiple columns wide. Say, ┌──── │ #+attr_latex: 3.0\columnwidth └──── However, I doubt that when previewing the image in Org one would want the preview to be 3x the buffer text area width! I suppose the exception would be say something like ┌──── │ #+attr_org: :width 300% └──── Though I can’t imagine why you’d want that… I think you don’t raise an unreasonable point, however I’m tempted to let this sit till we hear from someone who actually runs into this as an issue. All the best, Timothy