Lele Gaifax writes: >> Maybe we should better make this a user option? > > Yes, that's what I had in mind: when (say) org-persist-do-not-auto-gc-remotes > is enabled, the cleanup procedure would ignore remote Org documents and a new > explicit (interactive) org-persist-gc-remotes would take care of them. > >> Or we can go a different route and just not garbage collect remote files >> until cache gets too large. > > Yes, a threshold would work too. Can you test the attached 2 patches? They do not seem to break local files, but I do not have remote file caches to test on. Best, Ihor