On 2024-06-14, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> Please document the caching features of Org in the manual, including >> how to turn that off. (I also question the wisdom of turning this on >> by default without as much as a single request for confirmation from >> the user.) > > Hmm. What aspect of caching do you want us to document? > FYI, Org mode has been doing various forms of caching since > forever. Recently, we just employed a bit more regular API and > introduced one more kind of caching - parser cache. In addition to the > previously existing image cache, publishing cache, ID cache, clock > cache, etc. Jumping in here, I do not understand the publishing cache. Some of my org documents are re-published every time, while others are only re-published after changes. What is checked where? Best wishes, Jens