From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
To: martyhiatt@riseup.net
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-element--cache: Added org-data parent to non-headline element
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2024 10:20:47 +0000	[thread overview]

martyhiatt@riseup.net writes:

>>> A full reproducer I can follow from emacs -Q (or make repro) would be very nice.
>>
>> May I know if you had a time to look into creating a reproducer?
> i don't know what that is, nor how to do that, and i don't know org's codebase at all. I'm not a professional programmer. I thought if I reproduced it with a lorem ipsum file and minimal config it would be reproducible outside my own setup.

In other words, I am asking for the steps you listed, but in more
details:
1. I need the config file you used
2. I need your lorem ipsum org file
3. I need to know what to do step by step, starting from emacs -Q, in
   order to see the problem you are seeing. This includes more details
   on what i need to do when inside the Org file:

> - working in an org file, i call clone-indirect-buffer-other-window.

This is clear

> - i narrow parent buffer to a subtree, and cloned buffer i open in another frame

which subtree? what do you mean by parent buffer? do you narrow the same
subtrees? open which buffer in another frame and using which command?

> - in cloned buffer, i move some headings or list items around, and at some point the org parsing breaks. so eg
> if i move a heading, it doesn't correctly calculate the end of the subtree but moves part of the next subtree
> with it (it splits it in the middle for example).

which headings? which lists? which commands do you use to move them?

So, the same you already shared, but with more details.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,