From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: jman <emacs-orgmode@city17.xyz>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Understanding Publish (ox-publish.el)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 23:06:57 +0200	[thread overview]

It's due to Latex refusing to commit the typographic crime of leaving a
heading at the bottom of the page.

See:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/57857/overfull-box-and-broken-pagination-with-page-that-contains-only-section-headings

(That one was also asked by an Org user -- the ease of outlining a
header structure in Org does tempt people into this situation, which one
might wish that Latex could handle with less logic and more grace.)

Note that this does /not/ happen with a list. (Try changing your long
outline from headers to a list -- you can do so quickly by including the
whole outline in the region and pressing `C-c -' -- and exporting it;
you get page breaks as expected.) So it doesn't prevent you from
exporting an outline to PDF.

Yours,
Christian