From: Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: [OT] info in emacs (was: [OT] Emacs for 64 bit Windows 7)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 05:15:08 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Markus Heller <hellerm2@gmail.com> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>> Markus Heller <hellerm2@gmail.com> writes:
>>> cancel the posting.
>> ,----[ (info "(message)Canceling News") ]
> Man I really have to learn how to use the manpages/info thingy ...

Info is so convenient, but I use it a tad too infrequently to get the
keybindings into my head. So I made this:

Info.org:
| *Navigation* |                                |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
|              | /Buffer/                       | Notes                      |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| .            | beginning-of-buffer            |                            |
| b            | beginning-of-buffer            |                            |
| DEL          | Info-scroll-down               | i.e. up!                   |
| SPC          | Info-scroll-up                 | i.e. down!                 |
| M-n          | clone-buffer                   | see also C-u m/g           |
| c            | Info-copy-current-node-name    | bind to y?!                |
| w            | Info-copy-current-node-name    |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| ************ | /Link/                         | ************               |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| TAB          | Info-next-reference            |                            |
| M-tab        | Info-prev-reference            |                            |
| S-tab        | Info-prev-reference            |                            |
| backtab      | Info-prev-reference            |                            |
| RET          | Info-follow-nearest-node       |                            |
| f            | Info-follow-reference          | Use Tab-Completion! del.?! |
| mouse-2      | Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node | delete?!                   |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| ************ | /Node/                         | ************               |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| ]            | Info-forward-node              | sequential                 |
| [            | Info-backward-node             | -"-                        |
| n            | Info-next                      | hierarchical               |
| p            | Info-prev                      | -"-                        |
| u            | Info-up                        |                            |
| ^            | Info-up                        | delete?!                   |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| ************ | /Manual/                       | ***********                |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| g            | Info-goto-node                 |                            |
| 1-9          | Info-nth-menu-item             |                            |
| T            | Info-toc                       |                            |
| <            | Info-top-node                  |                            |
| >            | Info-final-node                |                            |
| t            | Info-top-node                  | delete?!                   |
| I            | Info-virtual-index             |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| *History*    |                                |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| L            | Info-history                   |                            |
| l            | Info-history-back              |                            |
| r            | Info-history-forward           |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| *Search*     |                                |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| i            | Info-index                     |                            |
| ,            | Info-index-next                |                            |
| s            | Info-search                    |                            |
| S            | Info-search-case-sensitively   |                            |
|--------------+--------------------------------+----------------------------|
| *Misc*       |                                |                            |
| d            | Info-directory                 |                            |
| ?            | Info-summary                   |                            |
| h            | Info-help                      |                            |
| q            | Info-exit                      |                            |
| j            | bmkp-info-jump                 |                            |
| e            | Info-edit                      |                            |

Maybe it is of some use on your quest ;)

Memnon