ghItlhpu' Daniel Borchmann : > I get (in the *scratch* buffer): > > (facep nil) → [face unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified unspecified ...] Seems this an issue with my configuration, not Emacs itself, as stock Emacs (started with emacs -Q) returns nil for (facep nil), as you mentioned. Indeed, somehow something defined ‘nil’ as a face for me, causing the above issues. So no bug in Org Mode, sorry for the noise :) Daniel -- Daniel Borchmann GPG (Mail) 0849 473E 6BF0 B504 DF0B D640 455E 3610 01FF 778F