Nicolas Goaziou writes: > I cannot apply it on top of master however. On what commit did you base > it? I'm sorry, it's my fault. It's already fixed. I think the patch attached here should apply well... > [...] > I don't know if this example is a good illustration because you can > currently achieve the same with: > > #+attr_latex: :options {german} > > #+begin_foreigndisplayquote > some text in German... > #+end_foreigndisplayquote > > Are there use cases that would be better than using special blocks as in > the example above? I think I have not explained well about the rationale for this patch, sorry. The advantage (IMHO) of being able to choose between several LaTeX environments to the export of the quote blocks has more to do with the consistency between various output formats (and a single origin). Of course, quotation, quoting, foreigndisplayquote and a few more can be obtained using special blocks. But for LaTeX they are just different styles and ways to create a quote environment. At the end of the day they are all 'quote'. It's ok that Org has only one single quote block that is exported indistinctly to LaTeX, html, odt, etc. (Org tends to be format agnostic and focuses more on the logical structure of the text). But in the case of LaTeX it would be nice if the user could choose between several ways or formats to do quotes (in LaTeX), without resorting to special blocks. On the other hand, the standard LaTeX `quote' environment is already far exceeded by other more powerful options, like the csquotes package. Best regards, Juan Manuel