* Fwd: Re: Emacs master: different (ugly) font in org-mode [Windows, macOS]
       [not found] <871r4xxv96.fsf@localhost>
@ 2021-10-07  5:38 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-07  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
To: Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com>
Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,  Angelo Graziosi
 <angelo.g0@libero.it>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
  emacs-devel@gnu.org, emacs-org-mode@gnu.org, Nicolas Goaziou
 <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Subject: Re: Emacs master: different (ugly) font in org-mode [Windows, macOS]
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 13:24:21 +0800

Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com> writes:

> On 2021-10-07, 12:57 +0800, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> That granted, I now think this is a bad default.  Such a feature should
>>> be opt-in, otherwise it can catch users by surprise (as shown in this
>>> discussion---also related is bug#46971 for which I sent a patch with
>>> regard to the modus-themes).
>>
>>> Can Org be patched for emacs-28?  How does this work in terms of syncing
>>> with org.git?  My suggestion would be to revert commit 667cb6f1a in
>>> org.git, though I am not sure how to proceed.
>>
>> Given the raised concern, you can request reverting the patch in Org ML.
>> That should go to bugfix (=stable) branch. Then, Emacs devs can merge the latest
>> bugfix any time they prefer.
>
> Thank you, Ihor!  If others have no objections or better ideas, I will
> prepare that patch later today.

I do not think that you need to prepare a separate patch. Reverting is
easy. I am forwarding this message to Org ML and CCing Nicolas.

Dear Orgers,

There have been issues [1] with recent fontification changes [2] on
Windows. Default fixed pitch font on Windows looks very bad and there is
no easy way to fix from Emacs. Prot is requesting to revert the patch.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2021-10/msg00064.html
[2] https://list.orgmode.org/875z8njaol.fsf@protesilaos.com/

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Fwd: Re: Emacs master: different (ugly) font in org-mode [Windows, macOS]
@ 2022-04-20  6:26   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2022-04-20  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I do not think that you need to prepare a separate patch. Reverting is
> easy.

Fixed by reverting in Org 9.5.3, thanks!

--
 Bastien