Thanks for the patch, it looks good and is an improvement over the somewhat terse previous version. I do have some thoughts though so will chime in. Note that I am not a native speaker, it might be best if we get extra eyes from a(nother?) native speaker. Ihor Radchenko writes: > +While [[*Hyperlinks][links]] are often sufficient to refer to external > +or internal information from Org, they have their limitations when > +referring to multiple targets or typesetting printed publications. In Emacs Info, this renders as "While see links. are often sufficient ...". This seems quite unnatural to me. I would suggest using a different way of referencing (without "see [link].") if possible, or rewording the sentence otherwise. > +In addition to export, users can use completion to search and insert > +citations from the bibliography (via ~org-cite-insert~). Citations > +also act like ordinary links, jumping to the citation metadata when > +"following" them (~org-open-at-point~). Alternatively: when "following" them using ~org-open-at-point~. For a more natural sentence? > +Org mode ships with several built-in citation processors tailored to > +work with LaTeX export and BibTeX bibliographies (=bibtex=, > +=biblatex=, and =natbib= processors), or with more generic formats > +described using [[https://citationstyles.org/][Citation Style > +Language]] (=csl= processor). > + > +The default citation processor is =basic= - it works with arbitrary > +export formats and recognizes both BibTeX and CSL bibliographies. > + > +More citation processors are distributed as Emacs packages. These very small paragraphs read a bit clunky to me, I think that it's better to merge them into a single paragraph. > - When style is not specified, default style is used > + When style is not specified, default style (=nil=) specified by the > + citation processor is used I am only slightly familiar with Org's citation handling, and this part of the manual is a bit confusing to me. I wrote a small patch on top of yours with something that is clearer to me, but perhaps this is unique to me.