They allow you to manipulate lisp code on the level of logical expressions, the utility of which can not be over stated. As for working with Org-mode in particular, I'd recommend looking at the documentation and source-code of Org-mode functions with `describe-function', and then looking for how these functions are actually used in the Org-mode code base with `rgrep'. For a more structured learning experience, I've heard very good things about http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/, although I haven't used it myself. Hope this helps. Happy Hacking -- Eric Ivanov Dmitry writes: > Hi, can anyone give me a tutorial for org-mode programming and it's API. > I'm afraid there is no such thing as an org-mode api, the closest you could come would be grep -i defun org/lisp/org.el for a list of function names and their arguments, or run `describe-function' then type "org-" into the minibuffer, tab complete, and then search through the resulting function-names. > > I just read Eric Schultes module org-collector.el, but I can't > understand the code: how it is organized and how to write the elisp > for org-mode. > If you have any org-collector.el specific questions please let me know. > > Can anyone help? > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode