Eric S Fraga writes: > Hello, > > a few weeks ago, I noted a problem that arose with the more recent > versions of emacs (I track emacs-snapshot for ubuntu): > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/76519/ > > The problem does not arise with the emacs 24 version distributed with > ubuntu 13.04. I had hoped that this problem would disappear but I have > upgraded emacs-snapshot two or three times since and the problem > continues. > > To summarise, exporting an org file fails if there are any babel calls > (i.e. #+call: or inline call_). The error is "Marker points into wrong > buffer". I have verified this with =emacs -Q=. I'm attaching a test > file along with the resulting backtrace from =org-export-dispatch=, > choosing export to LaTeX. > > Yes, I can go back to an older version of emacs but that avoids getting > the problem fixed. I have not filed an emacs bug report as I have only > run into this problem with org. I was hoping that somebody here could > have a look. I am happy to help in any way I can. Too many (most!) of > my org files make use of babel now... > > Thanks, > eric I actually get a different error [1], namely that the call line can't be parsed because we're using a regex to grab call lines and regular expressions can't count parens. Exporting a slightly changed file (attached [2]) works for me w/o error. I'm using the following Emacs version [3]. I may have to wait until the cause of this error hits the Emacs in the Arch Linux package system to debug further. Cheers, Footnotes: [1] org-babel-read: End of file during parsing [2]