* export an org file to a latex file but in a differerent directory
@ 2020-08-14 16:02 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-08-14 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I would like to export a org file, either as a latex file or as a html
file, but in a different directory. Googeling

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9559753/emacs-org-mode-export-to-another-directory

But

#+bind: org-export-publishing-directory "./exports"
#+TBLNAME: original
| Day       | Color | Level | Quantity |
|-----------+-------+-------+----------|
| Tuesday   | Red   |    51 |       12 |
| Thursday  | Red   |    49 |       30 |
| Tuesday   | Red   |    45 |       15 |
| Thursday  | Red   |    41 |       29 |
| Thursday  | Red   |    39 |       24 |
| Tuesday   | Blue  |    33 |       18 |
| Monday    | Red   |    30 |       11 |
| Wednesday | Red   |    27 |       23 |
| Monday    | Blue  |    25 |        3 |
| Wednesday | Blue  |    15 |       15 |
| Wednesday | Blue  |    12 |       16 |
| Friday    | Blue  |    11 |        9 |
| Friday    | Blue  |     7 |        5 |
| Friday    | Blue  |     6 |        8 |

Does not work this variable does exist any more. (Backward compatibility
sigh)

So which is the correct variable to be used, now?
Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: export an org file to a latex file but in a differerent directory
@ 2020-09-04 14:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-04 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I would like to export a org file, either as a latex file or as a html
> file, but in a different directory. Googeling
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9559753/emacs-org-mode-export-to-another-directory
>
> But
>
> #+bind: org-export-publishing-directory "./exports"
> #+TBLNAME: original
>
> | Day       | Color | Level | Quantity |
> |-----------+-------+-------+----------|
> | Tuesday   | Red   |    51 |       12 |
> | Thursday  | Red   |    49 |       30 |
> | Tuesday   | Red   |    45 |       15 |
> | Thursday  | Red   |    41 |       29 |
> | Thursday  | Red   |    39 |       24 |
> | Tuesday   | Blue  |    33 |       18 |
> | Monday    | Red   |    30 |       11 |
> | Wednesday | Red   |    27 |       23 |
> | Monday    | Blue  |    25 |        3 |
> | Wednesday | Blue  |    15 |       15 |
> | Wednesday | Blue  |    12 |       16 |
> | Friday    | Blue  |    11 |        9 |
> | Friday    | Blue  |     7 |        5 |
> | Friday    | Blue  |     6 |        8 |
>

> Does not work this variable does exist any more. (Backward compatibility
> sigh)
>
> So which is the correct variable to be used, now?

There is none, that's indeed a backward compatibility issue.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: export an org file to a latex file but in a differerent directory
@ 2020-09-04 17:58   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-09-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> There is none, that's indeed a backward compatibility issue.

Note that exporting to a different directory is called publishing.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: export an org file to a latex file but in a differerent directory
@ 2020-09-04 18:49     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-09-04 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "NG" == Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Hello,
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> There is none, that's indeed a backward compatibility issue.

> Note that exporting to a different directory is called publishing.

As you  wish, but my original question stands, how to I do this, which
is the variable to be set, locally in the org file?

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: export an org file to a latex file but in a differerent directory
@ 2020-09-04 19:11       ` Ivan Tadeu Ferreira Antunes Filho
From: Ivan Tadeu Ferreira Antunes Filho @ 2020-09-04 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I use the code in
https://github.com/itf/org-export-with-files/blob/master/org-export-with-files.el
in order to define a new function that exports the current subtree to a
different folder, as well as create hard copies of the files linked in the
new directory and fixes the links in order to keep the links inside the
file working in the new directory.
It only works with PDF currently.

But in summary, I use:
(org-set-property
"EXPORT_FILE_NAME"
file-name)

To set a new file name,

and
(let*
  ((new-file-name (concat directory-name file-name)))
  (set-visited-file-name (concat new-file-name ".org"))

before exporting, in order to set a new directory, since the directory
comes from the directory of the current file, which can be set by "
set-visited-file-name" (remember to undo this afterwards).

@ 2020-09-04 19:51         ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-09-04 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode