Ihor Radchenko writes: >> Only philosophy I know is that it is plain text. Is there any official >> philosophy? I have no idea, at least manual does not give me >> references. I cannot find "philosophy", send me references. > > You are right. There is no official "philosophy" in org. In my reply I > tried to follow the topic starter's view: > > Texas Cyberthal : >> By philosophy, I mean the dev consensus on the correct way to do >> things, and coded configuration and usability biases. > > According to my experience with org-mode development (I am not talking > about third-party packages here), it is discouraged to change org-mode > towards hiding metadata in org files or store *unique* data (that cannot > be derived from the contents of the org files) related to org-mode > externally (not in org files). It is not official statement, but rather > my impression so far. As a user I do not want outside-data, because I put my org-files into versiontracking and access them from several machines. I also provide them as sources for books on sr.ht and use them to synchronize planning between the office-PC and the homeoffice-PC. And I send them to people so they have the complete source of something I built. All those use-cases I use regularly would break if org-mode started to rely on an external database. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken