Hi Ihor, > Thanks! > Implementing fontification using Emacs capabilities is certainly a step > in the right direction. LaTeX support for fontification has always been > tricky. I’m glad to hear you’re of a similar mind to me with this. > - I tried to test your patch, and it only works partially. There is some > stray text caused by LaTeX errors: > > [2. application/vnd.lotus-organizer; test.org]… > [3. application/pdf; test.pdf]… Ah. I thought that hyperref loaded xcolor, but it seems my assumption was incorrect. I’ve added `\usepackage{xcolor}' to the default `org-latex-engraved-preamble', but maybe I should ask people to modify `org-latex-packages-alist'. I’m not sure. > - You did not add a NEWS entry and did not update the manual in your patch. I’m waiting till the functional content of these packages is settled/accepted, and then I’ll write NEWS and manual entries. > - There are many compiler warnings emitted when compiling Org with your patch Oops, I keep on forgetting to check byte compilation. These should all be fixed now. > The docstrings are missing in the above. Docstrings have been added. > I am not sure why, but the word fancy feels slightly annoying here. Docsting rewritten. > Since engraved is not entirely relying on LaTeX options, a lot of > customisation is not mentioned in this docstring. AFAIU, color > customisation is only possible by changing defcustoms from engrave-faces > package. > > Another related note is what is going to happen in beamer export with > dark background. The default face mapping in engrave-faces is using some > kind of light theme, which may lose all the contrast on not-light > background. Modifying the style of engraved-faces-latex’s output is indeed done by customising a engraved-faces variable. I don’t think we should attempt to do anything further with this within Org. To elaborate a bit, the generated LaTeX uses the styling information given in `engrave-faces-preset-styles'. Changing this to use the current Emacs theme is as simple as `(setq engrave-faces-preset-styles (engrave-faces-generate-preset))'. > It feels that codebackground, codeborder, and EFD should be customizable > by org-latex-engraved-options. Hmm. I don’t think so. They are entirely self-contained within the preamble variable. Should there be a nice existing `org-latex-user-colors' variable or such, it would make a lot of sense to shove this there, but since no such variable exists I’m not sure we can really do much better than just asking users to modify `org-latex-engraved-preamble'. > Docstring? Added. >> + (message “Cannot engrave inline src block, `engrave-faces-latex’ is unavailible.”) > > Why message instead of error? User errors are now thrown. Thanks for the feedback! Timothy