From: Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Missing first and last numbers of the date when auto-creating checkboxes
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 13:01:18 +0100	[thread overview]

>>> Thanks for reporting, but may you please provide more details?
>>> Ideally, may you explain step by step what you did, starting from emacs -Q?
>>>
>>> It is not clear to me what checkbox you are referring to.
>>
>> These are the ones that I'm referring to -
>>
>> ===
>> - - [ ] blurb
>> - - [ ]
>> ===
>>
>> Which I have entered after a paragraph of personal writing.
>
> May you please provide steps to reproduce the problem? I still do not
> understand what the problem is.

Enter this -

===
*** testing
  Mary had a little lamb,
  its fleece was black as soot,
  and everywhere that Mary went,
  Its mucky foot it put!
===

Using any text you want to enter, - then enter manually

===
- - [ ] blurb one
===

Then press 'S-M-ENTER' which creates another checkbox, like this -

===
- - [ ]
===

And it also creates a drawer below '*** testing' which shows this -

===
*** testing
:PROPERTIES:
:CREATED:  [024-07-29 Mon 12:4]
:END:
  Mary had a little lamb,
  its fleece was black as soot,
  and everywhere that Mary went,
  Its mucky foot it put!
===

Is this sufficient?

Thanks
  Sharon.
- --
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 12.6, Fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 30.0.50, org 9.7.8