From: Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: [calfw] Better use of space
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:57:45 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have a feature request for Calfw.

Masashi, would you prefer these to be posted here or on your github
page?

Anyhow, the month view is just superb!

However, when using especially the two week view (and this is probably
also true for the week view) I would like calfw to utilize vertical
space better. By 'better' I basically mean that I would like calfw to be
greedy.

Refer to the following screenshot:

   http://ompldr.org/vOWtjdA

Compare (the second week) to Google Cal:

   http://ompldr.org/vOWtjdg

Seeing there is a lot of space left in each of Calfw's day-column it
would be nice if it could be used to enhance the overview. This could
for example be archived mapping events against time on the vertical axis
as the Google calendar does (and also Mozilla Lightning but it no longer
work on my system). This might also allow for printing more text from
the even entry (using multiple lines).

On the other hand we probably also want to make sure that it is still
works on a 800x600 display. Thus, it might be best to introduce a
governing variable.

Unfortunately, my own Emacs Lisp skills are not sufficient to implement
such a thing at the moment.

Thanks a bunch for Calfw. It a great supplement to Org-Agenda.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs