From: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
To: Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com>
Cc: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>,
	"emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [bug] org block not correctly exported to LaTeX
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:08:33 -0600	[thread overview]

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> Hi Bastien,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
>>> when the follwing org-file is exported to LaTeX, #+BEGIN_ORG
>>> and #+END_ORG is inserted in the tex-file.
>>
>> You surely want
>> #+begin_src org
>> #+end_src org
>> "#+begin_org" doesn't exist.
>
> #+BEGIN_ORG
> #+END_ORG
>
> gets inserted by org-babel.

Yes, Babel uses the #+begin/end_org as markers, so that it can identify
the beginning and end of raw Org-mode results when those results need to
be deleted or replaced with new results.

Since these are just used as markers and are functionally equivalent to
comment lines (e.g., no special treatment of the portion between the
begin_org and end_org lines) we didn't really coordinate this with the
results of Org-mode.

It seems however that since comments must start on the first character
of a line, these don't work when indented.

Would it be difficult to recognize these two lines as comments when they
are indented?  Note we also have #+begin/end_result lines which may
likely have similar issues.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte