* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
       [not found] <87a9l67q2b.fsf@tue.nl>
@ 2013-07-30 10:46 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-30 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh; +Cc: 14975-done

Hi Oleh,

Oleh <o.krehel@tue.nl> writes:

> Currently, this function behaves unconditionally
> as if `org-clock-sound' was set to t.
>
> I attach a patch of how I fixed it for my needs:

Please send those patches to the org-mode list first.

I applied it but added a ChangeLog entry in the commit message
and the TINYCHANGE change cookie that helps us track small changes
by contributors who did not assign their copyright to the FSF (yet).

Thanks for catching this,

--
 Bastien

* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
@ 2013-07-30 10:50   ` Bastien
       [not found]     ` <7ktxjcgi2o.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-30 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh; +Cc: 14975-done

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Please send those patches to the org-mode list first.

PS: Maybe it's just me and I did not see the initial bug
report on this list -- ignore the heads up if that's so!

--
 Bastien

* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
@ 2013-07-30 15:53     ` Glenn Morris
       [not found]     ` <7ktxjcgi2o.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-07-30 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: 14975

Bastien wrote:

>> Please send those patches to the org-mode list first.
>
> PS: Maybe it's just me and I did not see the initial bug
> report on this list -- ignore the heads up if that's so!

If by "this list" you mean the org-mode list:
It was initially reported to bug-gnu-emacs. Then I assigned it to the
"emacs,org-mode" package, so that subsequent emails went to the org-mode
list as well as the bug-gnu-emacs list. This would have happened with
the initial report if it had specified a "Package: emacs,org-mode" line.
(Though there seems no point in having "emacs" in there really.)

@ 2013-07-30 17:22       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-30 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 14975

Hi Glenn,

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Please send those patches to the org-mode list first.
>>
>> PS: Maybe it's just me and I did not see the initial bug
>> report on this list -- ignore the heads up if that's so!
>
> If by "this list" you mean the org-mode list:
> It was initially reported to bug-gnu-emacs. Then I assigned it to the
> "emacs,org-mode" package, so that subsequent emails went to the org-mode
> list as well as the bug-gnu-emacs list. This would have happened with
> the initial report if it had specified a "Package: emacs,org-mode" line.
> (Though there seems no point in having "emacs" in there really.)

Thanks for the explanations.

This is what I expected, but I don't find the bug in the org-mode
mailing list.  The only reference I can find is my reply:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-07/msg01094.html

Does anyone receive this bug on the first place?  Or someone can
browse the archives better than me?

--
 Bastien

* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
@ 2013-07-30 17:27         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-07-30 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: 14975

Bastien wrote:

>> It was initially reported to bug-gnu-emacs. Then I assigned it to the
>> "emacs,org-mode" package, so that subsequent emails went to the org-mode
>> list as well as the bug-gnu-emacs list. This would have happened with
>> the initial report if it had specified a "Package: emacs,org-mode" line.
>> (Though there seems no point in having "emacs" in there really.)
>
> Thanks for the explanations.
>
> This is what I expected, but I don't find the bug in the org-mode
> mailing list.

That's what I'm saying. It was sent to bug-gnu-emacs ONLY. Because that
list is coupled to debbugs.gnu.org, and because I reassigned the bug
after it was received, subsequent replies went to both lists. But the
initial report is only on bug-gnu-emacs.

* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
@ 2013-07-30 18:24           ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-07-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Bastien, 14975

> That's what I'm saying. It was sent to bug-gnu-emacs ONLY. Because that
> list is coupled to debbugs.gnu.org, and because I reassigned the bug
> after it was received, subsequent replies went to both lists. But the
> initial report is only on bug-gnu-emacs.

It would be nice if some message were sent to org-mode's list when
`org-mode' is added to the "Package:" list.

        Stefan "applicable to other packages than org-mode, obviously"

* bug#14975: 24.3; org-mode's `org-clock-notify-once-if-expired' doesn't respect `org-clock-sound'
@ 2013-07-30 20:54           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-30 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 14975

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> That's what I'm saying. It was sent to bug-gnu-emacs ONLY. Because that
> list is coupled to debbugs.gnu.org, and because I reassigned the bug
> after it was received, subsequent replies went to both lists. But the
> initial report is only on bug-gnu-emacs.

Got it now, thanks!

--
 Bastien, who agrees with Stefan's suggestion on this