* [Exporter] Feature Request -extend customization options for property-drawer export
@ 2013-11-18 11:04 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-11-18 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

I wonder if customization options for the export of properties drawers
could be extended to something like this

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  [...]
  :group 'org-export-general
  :version "24.4"
  :package-version '(Org . "8.0")
  :type '(choice
          (const :tag "All properties" t)
          (const :tag "None" nil)
          (repeat :tag "Selected properties"
                  (string :tag "Property name"))
          (list :tag "Ignored properties"
                (const :format "" not)

                (repeat :tag "Specify names of properties to ignore
                during export"
                        :inline t
                        (string :tag "Property name")))
          (regexp :tag "Matched properties"))
#+end_src

with the two additional choices

 - specify a list of ignored properties
 - give a regexp and select only matched properties

I find it easier to specify the properties I do *not* want to export,
because these are often the well-known properties set/used by Org-mode
itself, while the properties I want pto export might be all the others
including those specified by users.

Furthermore, I would like to prefix properties, e.g.

* Header
  :PROPERTIES:
  :foo_prop1: bar1
  :foo_prop2: bar2
  :END:

and then be able to export all properties with a given prefix (matched
by a regexp like "foo_.+").

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [Exporter] Feature Request -extend customization options for property-drawer export
@ 2013-11-18 11:26 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-18 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> I wonder if customization options for the export of properties drawers
> could be extended to something like this
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   [...]
>   :group 'org-export-general
>   :version "24.4"
>   :package-version '(Org . "8.0")
>   :type '(choice
>           (const :tag "All properties" t)
>           (const :tag "None" nil)
>           (repeat :tag "Selected properties"
>                   (string :tag "Property name"))
>           (list :tag "Ignored properties"
>                 (const :format "" not)
>
>                 (repeat :tag "Specify names of properties to ignore
>                 during export"
>                         :inline t
>                         (string :tag "Property name")))
>           (regexp :tag "Matched properties"))
> #+end_src
>
> with the two additional choices
>
>  - specify a list of ignored properties
>  - give a regexp and select only matched properties
>
> I find it easier to specify the properties I do *not* want to export,
> because these are often the well-known properties set/used by Org-mode
> itself, while the properties I want pto export might be all the others
> including those specified by users.
>
> Furthermore, I would like to prefix properties, e.g.
>
> * Header
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :foo_prop1: bar1
>   :foo_prop2: bar2
>   :END:
>
> and then be able to export all properties with a given prefix (matched
> by a regexp like "foo_.+").

You can use a filter to do it, without needing to extend the variable.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [Exporter] Feature Request -extend customization options for property-drawer export
@ 2013-11-18 11:42   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-11-18 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I wonder if customization options for the export of properties drawers
>> could be extended to something like this

[...]

> You can use a filter to do it, without needing to extend the variable.

Ok, thanks.

--
cheers,
Thorsten