Hi Nicolas, Nicolas Goaziou writes: > There is no attached patch in your mail. Though, I don't understand why > you think your approach is wrong. In `org-mode' mode definition, we can > change: > > (when org-startup-indented (require 'org-indent) (org-indent-mode 1)) > > into: > > (cond (org-startup-indented (require 'org-indent) (org-indent-mode 1)) > ((org-bound-and-true-p org-indent-mode) (org-indent-mode -1))) This will not work, because (org-bound-and-true-p org-indent-mode) returns nil at the time `org-mode' is called. > It's probably similar to what you wrote in your patch. Here is my patch -- quite similar, except that it will disable `org-indent-mode' for every restart once it has been activated once, which is wrong, or at least to heavy-handed. Maybe we can simply tell users to deactivate `org-indent-mode' manually, but this feels wrong too.