Hi everyone, I thought I should send an update to let you know that org-citeproc [1], the command-line citation processing tool I've been working on, now supports multi-cites. I believe that means it is now capable of processing all citations in the basic citation syntax. It can output plain text, HTML, and ODT (and a Pandoc native format, mostly useful for debugging). org-citeproc hooks up with the Org exporters via Aaron Ecay's org-cite [2] library, so that it is possible to export a document containing citations as text, HTML, or ODT. A sample Org document, bib file, CSL file, and outputs are attached. I am pretty convinced at this point that the approach that the combination of org-cite and org-citeproc represents is viable, even if org-citeproc is not the tool (or one of the tools) that the Org community eventually adopts. If you'd like to help out with developing it, here are some things that would be useful: 1) If you are comfortable building a Haskell program and running an unstable branch of Org, it would be great to have people test org-cite and org-citeproc with more realistic documents, and with other CSL files. The basic things work, but there are surely many corner cases to be weeded out. 2) If you know Haskell, I would appreciate feedback on the org-citeproc code. I am pretty new to Haskell and suspect there is a lot in my code that could be cleaned up or made more idiomatic. 3) If you know Elisp, there are plenty of things still TODO in org-cite.el. I haven't hacked on this much except to get it working with org-citeproc. 4) I would also be interested in seeing a parallel implementation in org-cite of citation processing via Zotero. I think the infrastructure org-cite provides should make it relatively easy to get something like this working, perhaps in combination with the zotxt plugin. This would provide two benefits: it would help prove the org-cite API is general enough, and it would provide an alternative to org-citeproc for people who already have a CSL implementation (namely Zotero) installed and don't want to build/install a separate Haskell program just to process citations. Here's the code: [1] https://github.com/wyleyr/org-citeproc [2] https://github.com/wyleyr/org-mode (This branch contains the version of org-cite needed to work with org-citeproc.) Thanks for looking! Best, Richard