* Summary With visual-line-mode and org-indent-mode activated, C-a and C-e misbehaves on indented text blocks. C-a and C-e sometimes start jumping over lines (ie, go backwards or forward one extra line) and sometimes even reverses direction (C-e goes backward). I can reproduce this from emacs -Q with builtin Org 8.2.10. The issue can also be reproduced without enabling org-indent-mode, although it is much less severe without it. * Steps to reproduce From emacs -Q: 1. Open the attached document, or create a new org-mode file with an heading and a (preferably long) paragraph or text under it. 2. Enable visual-line-mode and org-indent-mode 3. Reduce Emacs frame width. 4. With text-scale-mode or (set-frame-parameter), seriously increase the font size (if it can't display more than two or three words per line, that's perfect). 5. Go to the last character of the huge paragraph. 6. Start playing with C-a and C-e. The cursor will wander erratically within the paragraph, often in the wrong direction. Notice: setting the frame width, the font size and going to the end of the document is not strictly required, as the bug will appear sooner or later, but in my tests it made it appear much faster, in a matter of seconds.] I'm using Emacs 25.2rc2 with org 9.0.5 from ELPA, but have been experiencing this since Emacs 24.5 and the built-in Org (8.x I believe). I can reproduce under the same conditions with the built-in org of Emacs 25.2rc2 as well. Thanks a lot for your help, Thibault