* BUG: org-todo-keywords-for-agenda is nil in custom agenda view
@ 2024-05-26  7:02 Charles Pence
From: Charles Pence @ 2024-05-26  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I was requested by the maintainer of org-modern to report this bug upstream. It looks like there’s a regression where org-todo-keywords-for-agenda is incorrectly set to nil during the display of custom agenda command views. This breaks org-modern’s TODO formatting (as well as other things, I assume).

You can find a reasonably minimal config that will reproduce the bug with emacs -Q here:

https://github.com/minad/org-modern/discussions/211

I am not a mailing list member, so if you would like more detail please contact me off-list. Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
Charles

--
Charles H. Pence

* Re: BUG: org-todo-keywords-for-agenda is nil in custom agenda view
@ 2024-05-29  8:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-29  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Pence; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Charles Pence <charles@charlespence.net> writes:

> I was requested by the maintainer of org-modern to report this bug upstream. It looks like there’s a regression where org-todo-keywords-for-agenda is incorrectly set to nil during the display of custom agenda command views. This breaks org-modern’s TODO formatting (as well as other things, I assume).
>
> You can find a reasonably minimal config that will reproduce the bug with emacs -Q here:
>
> https://github.com/minad/org-modern/discussions/211

Thanks for reporting!

Please note that `org-todo-keywords-for-agenda' is a global variable
that is accumulating todo keywords in all the files contributing to
current agenda block. It is not guaranteed to contain all the keywords
in current agenda buffer - the value is cleaned every time a new agenda
block is computed, and can only be relied upon immediately after
building a single agenda block, not even multiple blocks.

Agenda stores information about todo keywords in the text properties for
each individual entry - see 'org-todo-regexp and 'org-not-done-regexp
text properties, which contain specific regexps to match todo/done
keywords specific to the buffer each agenda entry is coming from
(remember that keywords may or may not be the same in different buffers,
and that some keyword in one buffer may not be a keyword in another buffer).

Not a bug.
Canceled.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,