* Problems publishing css files
@ 2008-08-04 23:03 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-08-04 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Here is my org-publish-project-alist

,----
| (setq org-publish-project-alist
|       '(
| 	("web-css"
| 	 :base-directory "~/webs/rr/"
| 	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:rr@rr.net:/home/rr/webs/rr/"
| 	 :base-extension "css"
| 	 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
|          :recursive t
| 	 )
| 	("web-images"
| 	 :base-directory "~/webs/rr/"
| 	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:rr@rr.net:/home/rr/webs/rr/"
| 	 :base-extension "gif\\|jpg\\|png"
| 	 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
|          :recursive t
| 	 )
| 	("web-org"
| 	 :base-directory "~/webs/rr/"
| 	 :publishing-directory "/ssh:rr@rr.net:/home/rr/webs/rr/"
| 	 :base-extension "org"
| 	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
|          :recursive t
| 	 :section-numbers nil
| 	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
|                      href=\"./style.css\"
|                      type=\"text/css\">"
| 	 :auto-preamble t
| 	 :auto-postamble t
| 	 :postamble "</div>"
| 	 :author nil
| 	 )
| 	("web"
| 	 :components("web-org" "web-images" "web-css")
| 	 )
| 	)
| )
`----

I can org-publish both web-org and web-images with no problem. However
when I try to publish web-css I get:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil")
|   signal(error ("Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil"))
|   error("%s" "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil")
|   byte-code("Â\b!ˆÃÄÅ	!\"‡" [orig-buff act-on-choice icicle-try-switch-buffer error "%s" error-message-string] 4)
|   icicle-execute-extended-command()
|   call-interactively(icicle-execute-extended-command)
`----

I can org-publish-current-file with no problem.

(I have tried it without icicles loaded too). It is only css files (in
this instance) causing this. Any suggestions on how to debug this? What
could it be? I have tried without nxhtml loaded too and have ensured the
only css mode I have in the one that comes with emacs 22.

org : 6.06b
emacs : 22.2.1

Can anyone confirm (using emacs 22) that they can publish css files
without a problem?

regards

r.

* Re: Problems publishing css files
@ 2008-08-05  9:28 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2008-08-05  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Richard,

I couldn't see anything wrong with your alist, and I tried it out on
my system (with altered, local, directory names) and org-publish
web-css copied a css file to the publishing directory with no
problems. I haven't had any problems with org-publish-attachment on
any type of file.  Is it definitely not to do with icicles? Happens
with local publishing directory as well as ssh? I'm sure this is
obvious to you, but I guess the thing to do is make that project-alist
simpler and simpler until it works and hopefully that'll reveal the
problem.

DAn

@ 2008-08-05 12:45   ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-08-05 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I couldn't see anything wrong with your alist, and I tried it out on
> my system (with altered, local, directory names) and org-publish
> web-css copied a css file to the publishing directory with no
> problems. I haven't had any problems with org-publish-attachment on
> any type of file.  Is it definitely not to do with icicles? Happens

It happens even when I do not load icicles. It also ONLY happens with
CSS files afaik. If, for example, I add the CSS extension to the web-images
profile below then it fails in the same way. I have a nasty feeling it
is going to come down to some nasty file mode for css but nothing has
become apparent yet.

It does publish fine to the local machine.

I can also open remote css files from emacs and write them too (this
mechanism uses ssh with tramp).

> with local publishing directory as well as ssh? I'm sure this is
> obvious to you, but I guess the thing to do is make that project-alist
> simpler and simpler until it works and hopefully that'll reveal the
> problem.

Yes - I did : in that I only org-publish web-css trying to find the problem.

@ 2008-08-07  3:50 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-08-07  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: org-mode

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> I can org-publish both web-org and web-images with no problem. However
> when I try to publish web-css I get:
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil")
> |   signal(error ("Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil"))
> |   error("%s" "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil")
> |   byte-code("Â\b!ˆÃÄÅ	!\"‡" [orig-buff act-on-choice icicle-try-switch-buffer error "%s" error-message-string] 4)
> |   icicle-execute-extended-command()
> |   call-interactively(icicle-execute-extended-command)
> `----
>
> I can org-publish-current-file with no problem.
>
> (I have tried it without icicles loaded too). It is only css files (in
> this instance) causing this. Any suggestions on how to debug this? What
> could it be? I have tried without nxhtml loaded too and have ensured the
> only css mode I have in the one that comes with emacs 22.
>
> org : 6.06b
> emacs : 22.2.1
>
> Can anyone confirm (using emacs 22) that they can publish css files
> without a problem?

I'm in the process of finally setting up org-publish for some of my
reference information.  I'm converting another system to org and I get a
similar error (but not identical) due to some of my org files that are
not the correct structure.  I was lazy and just renamed my original
*.txt files to *.org and I haven't completed editing them to convert
them to valid org files.  When I try to export with the wrong format I
get:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
|   1-(nil)
|   (max (point-min) (1- (previous-single-property-change ... ...)))
|   (get-text-property (max (point-min) (1- ...)) (quote target))
|   (or (get-text-property (point) (quote target)) (get-text-property (max ... ...) (quote target)))
|   (progn (or (get-text-property ... ...) (get-text-property ... ...)))
|   (if (and found (or ... ...)) (progn (or ... ...)))
`----

Maybe your problem is some other css file that the web-css project is
picking up?

If I load a problem file then org-publish-current-file fails with the
above error.

I may be completely off-base here... but it's something else to look at.

-Bernt