Hi, appended is a patch for org-html.el. This is what it does: 1. is no valid XHTML. Coltags must be empty. I.e., 2. ... tags where missing 3. A minor fix for the end of the CSS comments. Safari doesn't like /*]]>*///--> and is right in this case. `//' does not start a comment in CSS. Therefore, I changed it to /*]]>*/--> which is valid and Safari shuts up. 4. Change `&' in link descriptions to `&' again. Not sure if I did it in the right place though, but I guess `org-export-html-format-desc' is only called to format link descriptions. Apropos validation: I worked a little on org-search.php this weekend. It now works without networking by default and is much faster. Also, you may now use it without a database, just to validate the XHTML output. No installation required anymore. In that case, the script just scanns the first 10 files (customizable) found and displays the parser-errors. If you use the script with database, wrong links to images are detected now. That's nice, when moving files around in your org-directories. Get it here: http://github.com/SebastianRose/org-search.php/tree/master