Carsten Dominik wrote: >> >> - `org-id-new' uses uuidgen if present and falls back to the elisp >> function otherwise >I like that. WOuld you like to modify your patch accordingly? Yes, I'll do that. Just for the records: using the elisp function as fall back for the external program changes the meaning of the org-id-method uuidgen: It makes Org use UUIDs for the ID property and the external program is the preferred method for doing this. Hence the symbol should better be 'uuid, not 'uuidgen. So if there is a list for backward incompatible changes for a further release (maybe 7.x) that are reasonable but not important this should go there. HTH -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de