* style the tags with colors in theme
@ 2013-07-23 12:52 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2013-07-23 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

does anyone know how (if there is a way) to style the tags with colors in a
theme? IE to have tags with a different fg/bg from default and even better
yet to define a different color for each tag?

best

Itai

* Re: style the tags with colors in theme
@ 2013-07-23 16:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-23 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

Hi Xebar,

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> does anyone know how (if there is a way) to style the tags with
> colors in a theme? IE to have tags with a different fg/bg from
> default and even better yet to define a different color for each
> tag?

See this:

C-h v org-tag-faces RET

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: style the tags with colors in theme
@ 2013-07-23 18:45   ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
       [not found]     ` <CAOQHXPr73e3Rb61+7_n8KsFgD+kANHqtg3pby8pbkHpwz5715w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2013-07-23 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

I use the code below for the ATTACH tag

(setq org-tag-faces '(("ATTACH" :inherit org-done :box nil :underline t :height 1.2)))

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
darcamo@gmail.com

       [not found]       ` <8738r4fxw7.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2013-07-24 10:54         ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2013-07-24 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira, org mode

thx again for the answer but it dosent see to work here:

https://paste.xinu.at/KlvP/

this is what i have in my config:

(setq org-tag-faces '(
                 ("mru" :inherit org-done :box nil :underline t :height 1.2)
                 ("Fav" :foreground "blue" :box nil :underline t :height
1.2)))

i restarted emacs but still see fav as a regular tag with out a foreground
of blue etc

any ideas what im doing wrong?

The ATTACH tag is automatically added when I attach a file to a headline
(see Attachments in the org-mode manual [[info:org#Attachments]]). It's
the only tag I like to change appearance and thus I used it as an
example. But the same procedure should work with other tags.

A very important detail is that you need to restart Emacs. In the
documentation of org-tag-faces it says "If you set it with Lisp, a
restart of Emacs is required to activate the changes."

Therefore, put something like the code below in your initialization file
and restart Emacs and it should work

(setq org-tag-faces '(
                 ("SomeTag" :inherit org-done :box nil :underline t :height
1.2)
                 ("SomeOtherTag" :foreground "blue" :box nil :underline t
:height 1.2)))

I think that the tags don't need to be in org-tag-alist for this to
work.

@ 2013-07-24 13:40           ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2013-07-24 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

That is strange. It works for me and has being working for a long
time. For reference, my org-mode version is 8.06 and Emacs version is
24.3.50.2.

Maybe it is something related to you configuration. Try to start Emacs
with a different and minimum configuration including setting
org-tag-faces and see it that has an effect.

If it works, then you will need to bisect your configuration to isolate
what makes it stop working.

--
Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
darcamo@gmail.com