* how to quote "#+end_src" string in a Babel block?
@ 2013-07-24  5:39 asenal
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: asenal @ 2013-07-24  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Guys I'm trying to do literature programming with org mode.
My problem is How can I safely quote "#+XXX" inside a Babel-block?
I found org-mode mismatch the outter "#+begin_src"  with the first "#+end_src" inside the block hence gives me a wrong parse.

Here's an example:
#+headers: :var varlist=top_iv
#+begin_src python :return iv_template(varlist)
  def iv_template(varlist,db,table):
      for var in varlist:
          babel_template='''
	  #+name: var
          #+begin_src sqlite :db mydb
            SELECT colName,cnt,suc,fal,iv FROM mytable WHERE colName == %s';
          #+end_src   # org mode stop here!
          ''' % (var,var)

          print babel_template
#+end_src

I know it looks twisted,but what I really care is wheather org-mode holds the capability to do so.

* Re: how to quote "#+end_src" string in a Babel block?
@ 2013-07-24  6:11 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-07-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

asenal <asenalhere@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guys I'm trying to do literature programming with org mode.
> My problem is How can I safely quote "#+XXX" inside a Babel-block?
> I found org-mode mismatch the outter "#+begin_src" with the first "#+end_src"
> inside the block hence gives me a wrong parse.
>
> Here's an example:
> #+headers: :var varlist=top_iv
> #+begin_src python :return iv_template(varlist)
>   def iv_template(varlist,db,table):
>       for var in varlist:
>           babel_template='''
> 	  #+name: var
>           #+begin_src sqlite :db mydb
>             SELECT colName,cnt,suc,fal,iv FROM mytable WHERE colName == %s';
>           #+end_src   # org mode stop here!
>           ''' % (var,var)
>
>           print babel_template
> #+end_src
>
> I know it looks twisted,but what I really care is wheather org-mode
> holds the capability to do so.

I don't know Python, but maybe you could do something like this

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results value
(concat
  (format "%s%s %s\n\n" "\#+" "begin_src" "python")
  (format "%s%s" "\#+" "end_src"))
#+end_src

#+results:
: #+begin_src python
:
: #+end_src

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: how to quote "#+end_src" string in a Babel block?
@ 2013-07-24  7:24 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-07-24  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asenal; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

asenal <asenalhere@gmail.com> writes:

> My problem is How can I safely quote "#+XXX" inside a Babel-block?
> I found org-mode mismatch the outter "#+begin_src"  with the first "#+end_src" inside the block hence gives me a wrong parse.
>
> Here's an example:
> #+headers: :var varlist=top_iv
> #+begin_src python :return iv_template(varlist)
>   def iv_template(varlist,db,table):
>       for var in varlist:
>           babel_template='''
> 	  #+name: var
>           #+begin_src sqlite :db mydb
>             SELECT colName,cnt,suc,fal,iv FROM mytable WHERE colName == %s';
>           #+end_src   # org mode stop here!
>           ''' % (var,var)
>
>           print babel_template
> #+end_src

Within a source block, you must prepend a comma to every line starting
with "*" or "#+". C-c ' will do that for you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: how to quote "#+end_src" string in a Babel block?
@ 2013-07-24 22:32 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-07-24 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asenal; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

asenal <asenalhere@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guys I'm trying to do literature programming with org mode.
> My problem is How can I safely quote "#+XXX" inside a Babel-block?
> I found org-mode mismatch the outter "#+begin_src"  with the first "#+end_src" inside the block hence gives me a wrong parse.
>
> Here's an example:
> #+headers: :var varlist=top_iv
> #+begin_src python :return iv_template(varlist)
>   def iv_template(varlist,db,table):
>       for var in varlist:
>           babel_template='''
> 	  #+name: var
>           #+begin_src sqlite :db mydb
>             SELECT colName,cnt,suc,fal,iv FROM mytable WHERE colName == %s';
>           #+end_src   # org mode stop here!
>           ''' % (var,var)
>
>           print babel_template
> #+end_src
>
> I know it looks twisted,but what I really care is wheather org-mode
> holds the capability to do so.

The following syntax should work.  If you edit code blocks with C-' the
leading ' characters will be added and stripped automatically.

#+begin_src python :return iv_template(varlist)
  def iv_template(varlist,db,table):
      for var in varlist:
          babel_template='''
          ,#+name: var
          ,#+begin_src sqlite :db mydb
          SELECT colName,cnt,suc,fal,iv FROM mytable WHERE colName == %s';
          ,#+end_src   # org mode stop here!
          ''' % (var,var)

          print babel_template
#+end_src

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: how to quote "#+end_src" string in a Babel block?
@ 2013-08-15 11:38   ` asenal
From: asenal @ 2013-08-15 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte, Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thank  for the answers .
I'm glad to know  ', ' is the right escaping character to quote '#+babel_statement'.

I apologize for answering so late.