* Bug: org-drill-entry-empty-p should use outline-forward-same-level and not outline-next-heading [9.1.6 (9.1.6-48-gfe7619-elpaplus @ /Users/christoffer/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180212/)]
@ 2019-07-19 10:56 Christoffer Stjernlöf
       [not found] ` <WM!6459e2a8e0f34a4538738dadf66f2587cc46f8eb3ba97abfa40c92bbc5a1c3edc0be21c82dc04dbc95c8871ec704862a!@mailhub-mx3.ncl.ac.uk>
From: Christoffer Stjernlöf @ 2019-07-19 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I have noticed that some of my drill entries are skipped by org-drill,
and only
recently took the time to try to troubleshoot why – apparently
org-drill-entry-empty-p returns t for my entries, because they look like
the
following:

-----
* Entry question? :drill:
SCHEDULED: <2019-04-05 Fri>
:PROPERTIES:
:END:

** The Answer

Some text
----

Since org-drill-entry-empty-p only looks from the end of the
metadata/properties
and until outline-next-heading, it will consider this drill entry empty
– even
though this is not at all my intention. This would be fixed by replacing
(outline-next-heading) with (outline-forward-same-level 1) in
org-entry-empty-p.
I'm not sure whether this has any other adverse effect, but I can't see
how it
would make things worse, at least.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.6.0, Carbon
Version 158 AppKit 1671.5)
 of 2019-06-15
Package: Org mode version 9.1.6 (9.1.6-48-gfe7619-elpaplus @
/Users/christoffer/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180212/)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Bug: org-drill-entry-empty-p should use outline-forward-same-level and not outline-next-heading [9.1.6 (9.1.6-48-gfe7619-elpaplus @ /Users/christoffer/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180212/)]
       [not found]   ` <87h87eb4tt.fsf@newcastle.ac.uk>
@ 2019-07-22 13:02     ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2019-07-22 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoffer Stjernlöf; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Indeed, org-drill-entry-empty-p returns t and considers this entry
empty. But why is this wrong? How are you using this kind of entry? Do
you put the question in the title?

BTW, I am maintaining org-drill at:

https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill/

now, so you might be better raising issues there.

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 208 7827
Biology, Medicine, Computing            Email: phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk

  2019-07-19 10:56 Bug: org-drill-entry-empty-p should use outline-forward-same-level and not outline-next-heading [9.1.6 (9.1.6-48-gfe7619-elpaplus @ /Users/christoffer/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180212/)] Christoffer Stjernlöf
@ 2020-02-03 20:55 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-03 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoffer Stjernlöf; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

a@xkqr.org (Christoffer Stjernlöf) writes:

> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.
>
> I have noticed that some of my drill entries are skipped by org-drill,
> and only
> recently took the time to try to troubleshoot why – apparently
> org-drill-entry-empty-p returns t for my entries, because they look like
> the
> following:

org-drill is not in Org's repository anymore, you can try to contact
Paul Sexton from this repository:

https://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill/src/default/

Best,

--
 Bastien

@ 2020-02-03 20:56       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-03 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: Christoffer Stjernlöf, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Phillip,

Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> BTW, I am maintaining org-drill at:
>
> https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill/

sorry I overlooked this info in my previous email.

Could you send a patch again this page:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-drill.html

You can clone Worg from here:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/